iMac G3 networking help OS 9

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Trev311, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Trev311 macrumors member

So there are no forums for OS 9 topics exactly I thought this would be as good of place as any to try to get some help. I recently picked up an old iMac G3 and an original airport base station (grand total of 20 bucks spent!). I also have a newer airport (not the dual band, the one just before) that I use with the other two computers in my sig. I realize that for the time being I would have to take a downstep in networking to try to hook this up (from 802.11g to b right?).

So basically I can't figure out OS 9 to install the old base station(my first Mac was the Powerbook in sig). I can't even get it to recognize it. Any ideas anyone?

Edit:
    I want to use the computer, and OS9 in general for this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBirth_RB-338

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Does that model have the wireless model installed? Are you trying to connect with the wireless to the base stations, or connect wired to your new base station and have it be the main wireless?

Need more details on your attempted configuration.

3. Trev311 thread starter macrumors member

No the G3 does not have the wireless. I have an existing network with the Airport Extreme. What I want to do is connect the G3 to the older Airport and have that connect to the Airport Extreme network.