Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Hi, So i had Ubuntu linux on my iMac g3 but i tryed to install Mac OSX Panther. It said i needed to update firmware. Fair enought. I thought i would install OS 9 with my recovery disc and do it that way. but when i rebooted there was sound and video but no image, I know the computer is booting properly because i can hear it, but no video, Please help.:apple::apple::apple:

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
New problem now, I need to do the firmware update blind but how?

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
New problem now, I tryed to firmware update blind. After 10 minutes of the imac making strange noises i had to pull the power. Now the thing won't boot! Can i restore the firmware?

rfruth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2007
Texas
I did the firmware update way back when & it went okay but that was on my fully functional G3, I don't know of a way to recover (some PC's blick their keyboard LEDs to let you know whats going on but you have to hold your mouth just so ...)

jdm111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I did the firmware update way back when & it went okay but that was on my fully functional G3, I don't know of a way to recover (some PC's blick their keyboard LEDs to let you know whats going on but you have to hold your mouth just so ...)

Its really sad. I so want to get it working again for my dad:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.