iMac G3 really worth $110? How about this iBook G3?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Shift Option K, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

I have junk macs lying around. They're 2 1999 iMac G3 (tangerine and strawbery) with identical specs. Anyways I found a guy who would buy them and he has similar Macs for sale at $110. Will reinstall Mac OS X 10.0 and clean up before sale. Are they really worth this much? I'm trying to sell stuff to get myself a new Mac Mini. Also have a 1999 iBook G3 tangerine in damaged but somewhat working condition. Bought for $50 from a guy off Craigslist. Want to sell it as-is for parts etc. How much should I sell this?

2. tampasteve macrumors 6502

I do not think the iMacs are worth near that, maybe $40 if you have the original box. If not maybe $20 or less. The iBook might catch you $40.

Honestly though, it seems to vary by location, those prices are for ebay and Tampa. The straight answer would be "they are worth what someone will pay at the time you are selling them." Start them high, post lots of pics, and have a clever description....then wait or lower the price. If a collector NEEDS that machine you may luck out.

I have sold a G3 iMac Snow on ebay for $121 including shipping....and I have sold an iMac G3 tray load grape machine for $42 including shipping. Shipping on these iMacs is about $33 dollars with FedEx if you are going to ship.