Imac G3 Wont Print To Network Printer Anymore

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by pfmofmfp, Mar 31, 2010.

1. pfmofmfp macrumors newbie

Just joined this forum on a recommendation from the Kim Komando web site I hope my fellow MAC enthusiasts can help! I can help with issues from system 6 through Tiger.
    My wife is in a solo private practice as a family doctor. We use 3 G3 iMACs running OS 9.2.2. My wife just bought a used emac G4 running Tiger (10.4.11) & classic OS (9.2.2). All computers are networked via ethernet 100 base T to an HP Laserjet 1320n. All boxes have successfully printed over the network in the past.When my wife bought the eMac I transferred the data from the iMac on her desk to the eMac. Everything worked! I then wiped the iMac hard drive to purge my wife's personal data. Next I installed Panther (10.3.9). I transferred data from another iMac to my wife's old iMac.
    I could print in Panther but not Classic. It kept getting "no printer selected." I searched apple HP and Google to no avail. I downloaded new copies of printer driver and HP software. I still could not print in Classic.

I wiped the hard drive again and did a complete restore of the original software OS 9.0.4. Still could not print. I reinstalled software from HP, still could not print. Updated 9.2.2 still could not print. I reinstalled software from HP, still could not print.

I feel like I am missing something obvious! Everything seems to match the other machines' configurations. HELP PLEASE! Any ideas?

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68