iMac G4 700mhz 15 Inch Display Upgrades

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GuyOnTheCouch22, Jul 31, 2008.

1. GuyOnTheCouch22 macrumors member

I just acquired an old iMac G4 to mess around with so i have a few questions and looking for a little advice.

Right now it has a G4 700MHZ processor 256 mb of ram and a 40 gb hard drive. I want to max out the ram, hard drive and get an airport card for it. Im fairly positive the maximum ram is 1 gig so i was going to get 2 512 sticks and i have no idea if there is a limit to the hard drive space so i was wondering if someone could tell me that and also let me know what kind of hard drive i have to get for it. Lastly what airport card do i need to get.

Im not looking to spend to much since this is just a computer to mess around with but those are the 3 upgrades i want to do. If anyone can supply info or links of where i can buy these parts it would appreciate it greatly. You can also throw me any other ideas you may have for it.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Go to everymac.com and find your model for upgrade info.

3. GuyOnTheCouch22 thread starter macrumors member

so if im looking at this correctly i can only add to one slot for the ram because it only says one slot is user accessible so i guess ill have to deal with 768 mb of ram and a 120 gb hard drive which is about what i was thinking anyway.