Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandrehcgg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2024
Is there an alternative LCD that I can put on it ?My intention is to install a Mac mini inside.

bradman83

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY
Does the current display not work and need replacing?

If your goal is to gut the iMac and put a Mac Mini in there, and if the display still works, then you'd be better off keeping the display in place and trying to upgrade the display cable to an HDMI format.

There's a MacRumors post of someone who did just that here, to use an old G4 iMac display as an external display for an HDMI MacBook.

alexandrehcgg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2024
Does the current display not work and need replacing?

If your goal is to gut the iMac and put a Mac Mini in there, and if the display still works, then you'd be better off keeping the display in place and trying to upgrade the display cable to an HDMI format.

There's a MacRumors post of someone who did just that here, to use an old G4 iMac display as an external display for an HDMI MacBook.

The screen is bad. I want to exchange for another brand. I'm looking for any LCD that fits the frame. Do you know of any brands to recommend to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.