Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
I had a quick question regarding a mod I'm considering with a G4 iMac 17". Basically, I want to dismantle the original machine and make a new box to connect to the G4's arm and display. However, I remember reading somewhere that the G4's display used some type of proprietary connector and that this would be impossible. Can anyone who has more knowledge on this than me let me know if I can do this? Soldering is not a problem if needed. Thanks so much for any help!

-Ado

Nichod

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
I had a quick question regarding a mod I'm considering with a G4 iMac 17". Basically, I want to dismantle the original machine and make a new box to connect to the G4's arm and display. However, I remember reading somewhere that the G4's display used some type of proprietary connector and that this would be impossible. Can anyone who has more knowledge on this than me let me know if I can do this? Soldering is not a problem if needed. Thanks so much for any help!

-Ado

Its been tried numerous times. Do a quick search I know a few threads exist here on the topic. I think its been abandoned each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.