iMac G4 vs 20" ACD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DJMastaWes, Jun 23, 2007.

1. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Hey guys!

So, I have a C2D 17" MacBook Pro and a 15" G4 iMac in my room right now. My dad offered to take the iMac for a new 20" Apple Cinema Display. I haven't used the iMac since I got my MacBook Pro 4 months ago, but I'm so attached to it, because it was my first mac, and I've had it for over 4 years. My question is, what would you guys do? Keep the iMac, or take the ACD.

I like the idea of having an external monitor, but again, I'm going to miss the iMac (even thought I'll be able to see it anytime I want, and can probably take it back once it like, dies.)

Also, if I do chose to go with the ACD, any rumors of an update?

So yeah, what would you guys do, and why?

Thanks for the input.

2. ghettochild macrumors regular

Get the ACD. I'm using a 20" ACD hooked to a 17" PB G4 and it's sweet. If nostalgia overcomes you, go visit your dad and the old iMac.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its not a pet, its a computer. You haven't even used it in 4 months! That is abuse in my book!

<SLAP> Pull yourself together man! Do the trade now before your father comes to his senses.

4. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Haha. The more and more I think about it, I want an external display. I might pitch in $300 of my own, to get a 23."

I guess I'll do that, and I'll visit the iMac now and then, and call dibs on it when it dies. Such a great computer. :eek:

5. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

Definitely go with the ACD! Actually, might I suggest a Dell Ultrasharp? And maybe even larger size? You could maybe get one used . . .

6. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

For sure, take the display. Get the iMac back when it it is worth less.