Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John-boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I have had my Imac since 2005. Almost to the day of the three year apple care expiring I can no longer get my computer to turn on. It was a progressive problem that would result in some success in getting the computer on, until it would no longer come on at all. I could hear a flicking sound in the back and a pulsing noise when trying to push the rear start up button. Is this the logic board or maybe something else? Any help would be appreciated. I want to see what anyone has to say first before I take it to the apple store. Thanks again.

John-boy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Id say it started about 2 weeks ago. I would turn it on and it would take about ten minutes to actually turn on. It got progressively worse, talking longer and and now it doesn't start at all. I've tries changing where i plug it in and nothing works. Im fairly confident its not the hard-drive because that was fixed by apple a few months ago. Im thinking it might be a logic board issue or something. Oh and isn't that link for the Power Mac G5 not the iMac G5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.