iMac G5 Froze

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Ok i have done the search, i have been to apples website, but i have no answer to what happened to me earlier. So i am making this thread.
A few hours ago my iMac G5 just froze for no reason at all, and some text came up on the screen just like when u boot up in Single User Mode, but i could still see the website i had open in the background. I ran the apple hardware test and nothing seemed to be wrong there. I ran disk utility and all seems good. I ran fsck and that was also ok. My comp seems to be running fine now, but i just don't have an explanation for what happened. Maybe one of you apple gurus here can help me.

Ok thanks in advance
DjVoTeZ

PS: i am running 10.4.2

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
mad jew said:
That sucks. :(

So you were just web browsing when it froze? What apps were open?
Yep i wasnt doing anything special.I actually just highlighted some text and then it froze. I had Safari, Azureus, iTunes and Mail open. That was it....I hope it isnt serious :(

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
vouder17 said:
Yep i wasnt doing anything special.

Yeah, that's crazy. Sorry, but it's way over my head. You're saying the text that came up wasn't the usual kernel panic screen telling you to restart in about ten different languages, right?

I reckon this could be a job for Apple Care. :(

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
mad jew said:
Yeah, that's crazy. Sorry, but it's way over my head. You're saying the text that came up wasn't the usual kernel panic screen telling you to restart in about ten different languages, right?

I reckon this could be a job for Apple Care. :(
Yep it was different to the kernel panic screen...hmm I guess i will have to call apple on monday. But thanks for the replies.