imac g5 intel 10.6 wont boot anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by reem2514, Apr 5, 2010.

1. reem2514 macrumors newbie

hi im really hurting since my baby [my imac g5] stopped booting. i tried the pram reset after lookibg at the applesite for answers and that did nothing. i was wondering if it wont load because the copy of snolep i used 5months ago was a pirated version ,idk if thstvmeans anything. i dont have any install disc to see if a can boot it thay way. i can say that after resetting the pram, the apple melody chime has started coming on when i turn it on,but it still wont load pass apple screen then spinwheel and progress bar then it turns itself off.net i tried safe boot and if turn off . i tried reading bootlog before it turns off and it says disk0s2 [hfs] exited with signal B LOADING NOW DISABLED. IF anyone can help me get my sweet Applelonia back in working condition please lend some advice.
    thank u 4 ur time and good-day

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Best thing to do is spend $29 and buy a Snow Leopard disk. Then boot from it and use disk utility to see if the HD can be repaired.

THere is no Intel G5. Its either an Intel or a PowerPC G5. I assume its an Intel since you are running Snow Leopard and PowerPCs cannot run that.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you still have the original gray restore DVDs that came with you Mac?

Or 25€ for the SL Upgrade DVD?

Btw, if you have an Intel Mac, you don't have a G5 iMac, as the G5 CPU is made by IBM and not Intel and used another architecture (PPC), which is not supported by SL.

Btw 2, if you re-format your post and correct some errors in spelling, it makes the whole post easier to read.

4. reem2514 thread starter macrumors newbie

boot prob

sorry for the format of my typing but i'm using my wii internet browser. yes it is intel , i dont have the install disc but i know i will be buying 1 now.