iMac G5 issue witH keyboard letter H lower case

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by babalou32, Mar 24, 2009.

1. babalou32 macrumors newbie

I Had problems wHit my G5 (2005) and tHe repair sHop cHanged te motHer board under warranty.

THe computer came back witH a defect DVD/CD writer tHat was working before tHey cHange motHer board. I sent back tHe computer and tHey repaired it again.

Computer came back and now tHe letter H (lower case) is not working. I tried several keyboard and tHe letter H lower case does not work but upper case H works.

THe repair sHop cannot find tHe problem. Anyone encounter tHis issue? I reinstalled OSX, reformatted my a disk and notHing is working to correct tHe problem.

Anybody can Help!:eek:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I'm sorry, but these "I havE a problEm with my kEys sticking" threads are pretty funny. :D

Do you have another keyboard you can try?

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I think the OP has already tried other keyboards.

Go into your Keyboard Viewer and see if it will let you select a lower case K. This is a real headscratcher!

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know! Usually, these threads involve some fairly obvious mistake, but the OP seems to have covered all the bases. I don't have any useful suggestions. I have to admit I'm quite impressed by this one.

6. babalou32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried teKeyboard Viewer

I think the OP has already tried other keyboards.

Go into your Keyboard Viewer and see if it will let you select a lower case K. This is a real headscratcher!
    Yesterday 09:15 PM

I tried tHe keyboard viewer. Can see tHe letter but still can only use tHe upper case H.
    I tHink it Has sometHing to do witH codes wHen tHey cHange or plugged in tHe CD/DVD writer fater cHanging tHe motHer board.
    Until I find solution, will copy and paste H wHile typing
    :mad:

Pretty frustrating