iMac G5 (Problem)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jesteraver, May 17, 2007.

1. jesteraver macrumors 6502

I sent in my iMac G5 last week to get the PSU and Logic Board replaced thinking that was the problem (computer constantly shutting off).

I get a call today from the tech dude, his like you are not running the proper memory on your iMac. I was shocked seeing I bought the computer directly from Apple and never touched the memory. Which is pissing me off right now, my computer only started having problem 2 months ago with shutting off. Yet I've had the computer since September 2004. I think they put the wrong memory back in, because it doesnt make sense that Apple would send a computer with the wrong memory. If so, what do I do now?

2. jesteraver thread starter macrumors 6502

One thing now I am scared that they also put in another hard drive, had a lot of personal stuff on there and projects for school :mad:

:mad:

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You get your original invoice from Apple and send the service shop a copy of it proving what was bought with your machine.

5. jesteraver thread starter macrumors 6502

Trying to find it. I even contacted the person I bought it from for the invoice.

6. jesteraver thread starter macrumors 6502

I have most of my stuff backed up, I didnt think of it. I thought it was the PSU/Logic Board so they were like it take about a week.