Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infantry5.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, long time apple user. I got a question for you guys and gals.

My sis just got a new G5 C2D iMac and she running into some built in iSight issues. IT doesn't work. She got some geek squad crew out there and they said that apple doesnt have the software available to make it run yet........

I refuse to believe this is true.........any suggestions would be great......Thanks everyone in advance.....

Hunter@infantry5.com
infantry5.com

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Hello all,

I'm new to the forums, long time apple user. I got a question for you guys and gals.

My sis just got a new G5 C2D iMac and she running into some built in iSight issues. IT doesn't work. She got some geek squad crew out there and they said that apple doesnt have the software available to make it run yet........

I refuse to believe this is true.........any suggestions would be great......Thanks everyone in advance.....

Hunter@infantry5.com
infantry5.com

There's no such thing as this G5 C2D iMac. Apple abandoned the Power PC G5 chip when they switched to intel. She has an Intel iMac C2D.

The iSight camera should be working fine out of the box. You should call Applecare or take it into an Apple Store if you are near one.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Can you please provide more details? G5/C2D issues aside, what doesn't work?

Do you mean that you can't get a videoconference to work using your iSights? Or do you mean that the camera doesn't work at all? Does it give an error message? Does the light turn on? Does it work in Photobooth but not in iChat, or not at all, or...?

Don't make me pull teeth now. Be specific. ;)

infantry5.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Anything that has to do with the iSight......Doesn't work.. She can't go into iChat and do a video chat.......she is hooking up and older iSight (the one that mounts on the top) and video chatting that way.....but the built in one doesnt work...sounds kind of wierd.....

......sorry about the confusion...she does have the imac with the intel duo core.....

Hunter@infantry5.com
infantry5.com

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
She got some geek squad crew out there and they said that apple doesnt have the software available to make it run yet........

Haha, why would Apple release a machine with hardware that doesn't work in OS X?

Take the machine back and get it replaced (or repaired if they force you to do so).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.