iMac Getting An Update Soon?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jellotime91, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jellotime91 macrumors newbie

This is pretty funny.. I actually posted a question about buying an iMac when I joined this forum, way back in 2009!

I still haven't bought one, but I did buy a MacBook Air on saturday (my first Mac ever!)...

I was wondering if the iMac is going to get a refresh soon, possibly with a new graphics chip? Because some of Apple's refurb offers right now on the iMac are really enticing!

Anyone have any more info on this? I may end up waiting regardless because I don't think it would be very smart to spend $5,000 on Apple stuff in one week...

Thanks in advance for any info! :D

2. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Not for many months and if you've waited this long...you can probably make it to the next revision

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Anyone with any info is either not talking or lying.:)

Conjecture is that if there is an update it would be minor. For that reason it would be safe to buy if you need one now. If you don't need one, it *always* pays to wait.

5. Sylonien macrumors regular

Sylonien

I just brought one. Needed one. There will always be something newer or better. Always. If you need one then get one otherwise you can be waiting forever.

6. jellotime91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks dude! Forgot about this! Yeah looks like there's another 3 months at least.

True, I have waited a looooong time already haha... Years, actually. I think the MacBook Air can hold me over for now though, and I'll just wait and see. Cause you never know what new stuff they could add.

7. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

you know you could buy a nice used one...i got this 17" mid 2006 2.0 from craigs for $200...it's got 1 gig ram,160 gig hd...i did a clean install of snow leopard (dvd from apple $29)... for web,everyday basic computing it works great!

8. ezatech macrumors newbie

I've had my new iMac for about a week. I've maxed it out to the most this GEN can do in terms of ram, etc. Don't really care about next model.

I say, if you want one now, get one now. They always are going to bring out a new computer. And this gen will last you a good 5 years for most stuff.

9. tears2040 macrumors 6502

& then he will wait for the next & the next & the next...... Truth is if something is not coming out within a month or two then buy it now.

10. bushman4 macrumors 68000

You never know with Apple, However I would guess it will be in 2012. Then again it may not me a major update. So if you need it you might as well buy it.

11. Logos327 macrumors 6502

The next revision won't be out until Ivy Bridge which is currently scheduled for Q2 2012.

12. tears2040 macrumors 6502

Also to touch this subject again, the current iMac were released in May 2011 which is less than 6 months ago. No way in any shape or form will we see an update till at least another 5 months if not more.

13. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

i also bought mine 3 weeks ago, if anything new comes in my opinion wuill be not earlier than april so i think i did the right choise :p
    imac 21.5 2500qc i5 :D:D