iMac good time to buy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BluAffiliate, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Does anyone know if it's a better idea to wait, at least after March?

2. OurDarkness macrumors member

OurDarkness

3. sevoman macrumors member

sevoman

April

4. Daisy81 Suspended

Daisy81

The late 2015 iMac was released in October of 2015. I don't think Apple is going to release another iMac better then the current flagship until at least the fall.

That said anything is possible. Another updated machine is always over the horizon. Buy what you need now and stop waiting or you're in for a long wait.

5. theNatest macrumors member

theNatest

Just received my new iMac 17,1 maxed out yesterday. Totally worth it.

I was thinking of waiting for the next release anticipating tb3, usb-c ports among a few other things... but nope. No buyers remorse at all - this thing whales

6. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

There's always a new computer just over the horizon with better specs than the current configuration. I pulled the trigger early 2015 and order an iMac (late 2014). I'm 100 percent satisfied with even though I know the iMac (late 2015) has better specs. Get the latest specifications on the current iMac and you'll be completely happy, if you're still hedging and hawing then maybe the iMac isn't what you're looking for?

7. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

next update likely october (receiving november). unlikly anything earthshattering. it's a great time to purchase the 5k. i would wait for a revision before purchasing the 4k