iMac graphics making me cryy

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by samrulestothema, Oct 21, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

hello,

so yeah imac graphics dd something weird. They randomly made a lot of bright coloured triangles and everytime i moved the safari window it made the shapes change and go different colors.

As you can imagine i FREAKED. and was like 'wtf is going on to my baby'

so i took it into my mac people and they said that they will test it for hardware issues but if they cant find any i have to pay even if they dont fix it.

its still under 12 month warranty, its really rare- cant find more than 2 people with the same issue. One person said theirs got more frequent then died.

So what should my next step be if they say the hardware is fine??

CHeers guys

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

First and foremost, be there, when the monitor tests (which is what I think you mean by 'graphics') are being done.

Secondly, have someone adult with you, and be persistent, without being rude, about the nature of the problem.

From what you've posted, you appear to have a faulty monitor on your iMac, and if it is still under warranty, you are entitled, under consumer law, to have it repaired or replaced.

3. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i took it in, and they said they would test it over night, so i couldnt be there when they did it.

When i picked it up the next day, they said they couldnt find any fault and i had to fork out $70.... was unimpressed man.

it has done it once since i have picked it up 2 weeks ago. Is this worth pursueing furthwer??

I just dont want my mac to die when the warranty is over and it be a fault of this......

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

You have time to buy Apple Care. I suggest you buy it!

Also if this happens often I would call Apple's Tech support and complain that this is happening.

You should not have had to pay $70 for them to check it out over night. Someone was checking out your iMac all night? (Even when the store was closed?) Don't think so......

5. samrulestothema thread starter macrumors regular

I think they left it running over night with itunes visualizer trying to get the graphics to screw up so they can see what it is. The $70 was a service fee, and because they couldn't write down any fault my warranty didn't cover it. pretty crap really.

how much is apple care??