iMac Hands Free!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hawaiipoolman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

Is it possible now that iPhone 3.0 is out with A2DP support, that I could ultimately turn my iMac into a Blue tooth Stereo Headset/Receiver.... I would love to be able to answer my iPhone on my computer's speakers and builtin mic..

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It's funny that you ask this question, I was thinking about this same thing last night. I have no clue if it's possible or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It would probably take some special software running on the iMac.

3. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

that would be amazing. i love the idea because i hate to answer calls while i am at my desk and then hit speakerphone and have horrible quality. a good idea hopefully someone can figure out how to work it.

4. nutman macrumors regular

Not sure about the iphone specifically, but the bluephone elite 2 cand do what you want. I used to do it on my sony ericsson.

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Small world and/or great minds think alike. I just came across this myself trying to make calls thru automated systems.

Wouldn't it be killer if I could use my imac as a handsfree - as this is where I'm working with the phone.

Audio input is via the built in mic, and output is via speakers or external speakers (as in my case)

Even have a small window that replicates the iphone interface dial pad - so I could even navigate in-call menus, such as "press 1 for directory" - it'd make life a lot more productive.