iMac HD Facetime Camera

Discussion in 'iMac' started by musclemilk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. musclemilk macrumors newbie

Hello! Before I make my 2011 iMac 21.5 inch entry level model purchase, I would like to know if it would be possible for the next generation of iMacs to come equipped with a 1080p recording HD Facetime camera? Or is it being predicted that the 780 will most likely stay?
    Thanks for the input!:)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

They just changed from the iSight to the FaceTime HD camera not too long ago, so i doubt it. You can always buy an external camera. I wouldn't recomment anything from Logitech, though. I have a C910 and while the camera quality is amazing, the software is horrible. I've gotten crashes 100% of the time when i try to use the "Logitech Webcam Software" since upgrading to Lion. It's a well known issue. I've gone to their support page, forums, their Twitter. Not only do they not fix the issue, they won't even respond to questions about it. Horrible, horrible customer service. I can't even record video with a webcam i paid almost $100 for. Pathetic.

4. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I've had problems with their Revolution MX mouse ($80 mouse) and they were very helpful. Sent me a UPS shipping code and then gave me a brand new one.

5. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I've had positive results with them as far as Mice, but with this webcam they are completely useless. Thread after thread of people saying the same thing and it's very rare they even reply to any of them. Since July they've basically just said, "We don't have a fix" and that's about it. I downgraded to the previous (2.1) software and it appears to be ok for now.

6. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Which mouse of their's do you have out of curiosity?

7. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

None now. I had the MX Revolution. Actually, i had an older model of it (forget the name), and it crapped out on me, so they gave me the MX Revolution for free because they stopped making the one i had. When it comes to product replacement and stuff, Logitech is fine. When it comes to a software issue or bug, they're useless. How can they completely ignore software that is 100% broken and crashes upon launch 100% of the time for almost 7 months? Sad.

8. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Well I may agree with you if this mouse ends up doing the exact same thing