iMac height problem

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Enoch1, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Enoch1 macrumors newbie

I currently have a MacBook Pro 17". Now that I am not travelling anymore I want to buy an iMac for my desk. Unfortunately I only have a height space of just under 15 inches. An iMac without the stand underneath it is good and would work in the space I have available. Is there any way of having the screen sitting on my desk and the stand pushed out of the height measurement. In addition, I cannot use a wall mounting

2. SuperPolli macrumors regular

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

4. Enoch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, but I note that both options are priced in U$dollars. I am assuming that that means that they are only available in the USA

5. nouxtywe macrumors newbie

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

7. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

You live inside a coffin or what?

8. Enoch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

DeltaMac; Great! That is just what I want> Thanks for your help

WorldTravelBro; My working area is a full size desk, however, I have shelves across the desk, 15inches from the surface of the desk and start 18inches from the front of the desk

9. Fishrrman macrumors G4

[[ I have shelves across the desk, 15inches from the surface of the desk and start 18inches from the front of the desk ]]

My suggestion (and its a serious one):

Reconfigure your desk.
    It will make the solution much more simple...

10. Enoch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fishrrman: I have a built in unit, it would be easier to carry-on as I am with a laptop than make changes to an existing set up of the office. I have always had laptops, but since retiring and not travelling I thought I would now get an iMac. The eyes are not what they used to be.

11. numlock macrumors 68000

may sound like a silly suggestion but the imac can not sit on a platform lower than the desk and having only really the screen above your desk?

although i wonder about the speakers and vents if the bottom of the imac has to air below it

12. The Economist macrumors 6502

The Economist

Try as hard as you can to get an iMac, OS X shines on a desktop. Do your eyes a favor and get rid of those shelves!

Or... like numlock suggested, the only thing left you can try is something like this:

[​IMG]