iMac - I can't get to iMovie!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JacobC, May 6, 2009.

1. JacobC macrumors member

Hi,

I am currently working on a project for a friend's graduation open house, and all of the sudden iMovie just disappeared. It's still in the dock, and when I click it nothing happens. When I go in the finder and click "New Project" it re-appears in the corner of the screen, and whether I hit okay or cancel it just appears to shrink into the upper-right and corner and then disappears. The same thing happens when I hit minimize (An option in the iMovie Finder Bar), and try and open it, it automatically shrinks and then goes off the screen in the upper right hand corner. I tried disabling Spaces to see if that was the problem and it didn't solve anything. I've even tried restarting, and shutting down.

HELP!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

More than likely some incorrect data was written in the iMovie plist that's telling it to launch in the extreme corner of the screen. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iMovie.plist, drag it to the desktop and the relaunch iMovie. You may have to manually go back into the iMovie preferences under the iMovie menu to reset some things but that should pull the window back to the center of the screen.