Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
So it looks like Western Digital's External HDD software has been the root of my father iMac slowing down.

I went to check out the console to see what was causing his brand new iMac to run so slowly, and I saw this I/O warning, the Western Digital software constantly looking for an .xml file that doesn't exsist. I tried to get rid of the software, but with no luck...its still searching. I have no idea how to stop it...I need some help!

Copied from the log:

Code:
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190018.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190018.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190311.xml"
I/O warning : I/O failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231185948.xml"
warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190311.xml"

oculus42

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2002
Maine
Uninstaller

The Western Digital software has a proper uninstaller. If you just dragged the software to the trash, it likely left pieces, including whatever is generating the errors. You may need to re-install the Western Digital software to uninstall it, if you deleted the uninstaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.