iMac I/O Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by barnes, Jul 27, 2009.

1. barnes macrumors newbie

So it looks like Western Digital's External HDD software has been the root of my father iMac slowing down.

I went to check out the console to see what was causing his brand new iMac to run so slowly, and I saw this I/O warning, the Western Digital software constantly looking for an .xml file that doesn't exsist. I tried to get rid of the software, but with no luck...its still searching. I have no idea how to stop it...I need some help!

Copied from the log:

Code:
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190018.xml"
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190018.xml"
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190311.xml"
    I/O warning : I/O failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231185948.xml"
    warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/mjbarnes/Documents/ArcSoft/WD Backup/BackupProject/081231190311.xml"

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Can you format the drive? (After backing up everything on it)

3. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Uninstaller

The Western Digital software has a proper uninstaller. If you just dragged the software to the trash, it likely left pieces, including whatever is generating the errors. You may need to re-install the Western Digital software to uninstall it, if you deleted the uninstaller.