iMac i5 27" Windows 7 bootcamp displayport out??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ElPinko, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ElPinko macrumors member

Hi all,

Have tried searching the forums for an answer but can't find one so decided to make this thread.

I have installed Windows 7 on a Bootcamp partition and use VM Fusion as well, I am trying to get my Windows 7 desktop onto my Plasma TV when I have only Windows 7 booted, I have a mini displayport to DVI adapter (not worried about sound right now) but when boot into Windows I cannot find the TV as a output setting.

It used to be with my old PC I would see the TV as a possible output and I could chose either Dualscreens or simply set the Plasma as the main display.

Could someone please help me achieve this with my iMac? Am I missing a driver or just missing a setting?

Thanks in advance.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. Esoremada macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro with Windows 7 installed on Bootcamp.

So I have to uninstall Windows 7 Ultimate and install Windows XP in order to use my external display connected to my $3000 MacBook Pro through Apple's obscenely overpriced $34 adapter?

Never buying a Mac again.

:apple:

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You replied to an old thread. On Jan 18 2010 Boot Camp did not support Windows 7. Now it does. That doesn't mean you can necessarily get it to work. Nor does it mean that you need to buy Apple's adapters. I've got one from monoprice.com I like better than the Apple ones.

B