imac i5 windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MacRuler, Jul 14, 2010.

1. MacRuler macrumors 6502

after i install windows 7 64-bit, with boot-camp or without, it stalls with a black screen after all the files are written. this happens after everything installs and windows STARTS for the FIRST time, when it says loading windows it just goes black and stops nothing else! please anyone have a solution? thanks

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

1.Format the hard disk and try to put on a clean filesystem.

2.And if that happens the next startup, then тo solve:

create a bat-file
    in his writing:
    Code:
    save bat-file and put in startup. Important: must be enabled autologin.

Retrieved on EEE PC 901 20Gb Black, Bios 1808, Windows 7 (7022)

3. MacRuler thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks so much for the response, but i dont know anything about what you are talking about:confused: lol can u please explain in direction, please i would appreciate it so much thanks.

4. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

The first paragraph helped?
    Because a second helping if the problem appear again, but already have access to the system (STARTS for the FIRST time has passed).

5. MacRuler thread starter macrumors 6502

im so confused, i need help to prevent the black screen that comes up before windows even starts, it says starting windows with the little thing in the middle spinning than the screen turns black with no backlight. im sorry for being so dumb lol but if u can help me that would be great.

6. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

I know one solution.
    Reinstall windows 7 on a clean filesystem.
    But before that you should format the partition or, repartition and format it (there are also helped the sometimes).
    Just format the partition and try to install windows seven again.

If not help then we will look for another solution.

7. unkdirkpitt macrumors newbie

8. MacRuler thread starter macrumors 6502

i have tried reseting and formating the partition has not worked. also the link that inkdirkpitt has sent me is if you are UPGRADING from vista i am not : ( just doing a fresh install of windows 7

9. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

I looked at the link. That's interesting.
    There if you are NOT UPGRADING from vista - you should skip step 2.
    Try this method.

10. MacRuler thread starter macrumors 6502

those files are in .exe form which means they will only run in windows, they want me to run the program in vista which i dont have installed

11. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

At what point? I do not see where!

12. Winni macrumors 68040

Winni

This is a known issue. It does not only happen with Windows 7, but also with Ubuntu Linux.

Your screen turns black because it actually becomes the secondary display and the Mini Display Port becomes the primary display. If you connect another monitor to your Mini Display Port, you will see Windows (or Linux) there.

Apple has released a Knowledge Base Article about this in which they describe how to fix this issue without connecting a second display:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3173

13. MacRuler thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you so much winni i have an extra display connected (my living room 50 inch) and i just used that, thanks so much! i was just about to format the whole ssd to try and fix the problem, now my bluetooth keyboard doesnt seem to work, even after all the bottcamp updates.:(