iMac i7 GTX780M & Aperture Red Eye-Tool

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Asrath, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Asrath, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

Asrath macrumors newbie

Asrath

Anybody else noticing this?

Apertures Red Eye Tool is not working on an iMac (Late 2013) with i7 and GTX780M. I have Aperture 3.5.1 installed. Red Eye-Tool shows it's yellow circles but red eyes stay just red. All user accounts are affected. Safe boot, reinstalling Aperture, deleting all prefs doesn't change anything. I suspect it has something to do with the graphics card (driver)?

2. Asrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Asrath

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I am waiting for my i7 gtx780m to be delivered. As soon as I get it set up I will try the red eye tool and let you know.

4. Asrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Asrath

5. Ecoh, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013

Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Just tried the red eye tool, same problem as you have. I don't use it that much but noticed the red eye was back in a photo I had used it on successfully with my old iMac.

Just looked on Apple Support forum.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5560184?start=15&tstart=0

'About a week ago, I got an email from someone who works with the Aperture team at Apple. They were looking in this problem and needed some of my files to do tests.

Last week, I received an other email teling me that they were able to reproduce the issue in-house. They found that it is specific to a graphics driver update with Mavericks for those who have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphic card.

The work-around they suggested is to open the library in iPhoto and do the Red Eye fixes there. This will keep the fix once I re-open it back into Aperture.

That is not a great solution. I knew I could do that. I had tried it before. But the idea is NOT to use iPhoto for my photos. I want to do everything in Aperture, otherwise it gets to be more trouble.

They say they are still looking into the issue...'

6. Asrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Asrath

Thanks Ecoh. I also opened a call at apple. Hopefully they'll fix it.

7. Asrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Asrath

The bug has been fixed by apple with the latest update.

8. businezguy macrumors 6502

That didn't take long at all, now did it?