Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Anybody else noticing this?

Apertures Red Eye Tool is not working on an iMac (Late 2013) with i7 and GTX780M. I have Aperture 3.5.1 installed. Red Eye-Tool shows it's yellow circles but red eyes stay just red. All user accounts are affected. Safe boot, reinstalling Aperture, deleting all prefs doesn't change anything. I suspect it has something to do with the graphics card (driver)?

Last edited:

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
I am waiting for my i7 gtx780m to be delivered. As soon as I get it set up I will try the red eye tool and let you know.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
Anybody else noticing this?

Apertures Red Eye Tool is not working on an iMac (Late 2013) with i7 and GTX780M. I have Aperture 3.5.1 installed. Red Eye-Tool shows it's yellow circles but red eyes stay just red. All user accounts are affected. Safe boot, reinstalling Aperture, deleting all prefs doesn't change anything. I suspect it has something to do with the graphics card (driver)?

Just tried the red eye tool, same problem as you have. I don't use it that much but noticed the red eye was back in a photo I had used it on successfully with my old iMac.

Just looked on Apple Support forum.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5560184?start=15&tstart=0

'About a week ago, I got an email from someone who works with the Aperture team at Apple. They were looking in this problem and needed some of my files to do tests.

Last week, I received an other email teling me that they were able to reproduce the issue in-house. They found that it is specific to a graphics driver update with Mavericks for those who have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphic card.

The work-around they suggested is to open the library in iPhoto and do the Red Eye fixes there. This will keep the fix once I re-open it back into Aperture.

That is not a great solution. I knew I could do that. I had tried it before. But the idea is NOT to use iPhoto for my photos. I want to do everything in Aperture, otherwise it gets to be more trouble.

They say they are still looking into the issue...'

Last edited:

Asrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Thanks Ecoh. I also opened a call at apple. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Asrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
The bug has been fixed by apple with the latest update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.