iMac I7 screen is doing something weird.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Archmagination, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Archmagination macrumors regular

My computer is/was perfect with no flaws. I have had it for 2+ months now and last week I had just finished watching a ebook(html on safari) and when I quit out of safari the screen changed to very, very yellow.

When I immediately restart/quit the computer screen changes to warmish type colors gravitating towards yellow.(I wouldn't call it yellow though.)
    If I turn the computer off until it cools down it goes back to normal. It only happens when I read a ebook with safari

I have played 12+ hours straight without anything happening and then somehow just reading a simple ebook does something to my computer screen.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Is it the monitor? Or your eyes? If you stare at something blue long enough, the after image when that goes away will be yellow :)

Can you take a photo?

3. Dichotomic macrumors newbie

Dichotomic

Please take a picture with a camera and upload it for us to see. If you check on the the other posts within the board you'll see a lot of topics about yellow tint issues. The unit comes with a 1 year warranty. I would call apple on this and get it exchanged right away.