iMac IC2D (plastic, not aluminium) screen Problem. (dark corners)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rotzbua, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rotzbua macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a question (whoa). I have an iMac Dual Core, bought in mid-2007 (it's the White Plastic version, not the newer Aluminium with the glass-display).

For some time now I had some dark spots, kind of shadow like in the bottom left corner. I wasn't bothered too much by them, but they got bigger, and now I have these in all of the corners except the bottom right one.

Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of them? (no, no three-year guarantee plan ... stupid me), or if not if it'd mean to replace the whole display or if it's just some cleaning (I talk money-wise here ...)

I attach two not-so-good pictures (the background is plain-white and the image is a bit enhanced ...) so you guys can see what I mean.

Any help is really appreciated and thanks in forward.

greets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Mine's developed the same (20" Late '07). I'm taking it in to the Apple Store tomorrow. Granted, it's been developing for a while, I'm just getting around to getting it fixed cause my USB ports are randomly shutting off.

As to the question at hand that I totally missed. Honestly, all I can think of is find the tear down guide, and see if you can find an LCD panel on eBay.