iMac in early May? With Z68 chipset??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eoren1, Apr 13, 2011.

1. eoren1 macrumors 6502

2. archer75 macrumors 65816

Only if apple got an early shipment of those chips from intel. Rumor is macs are transporting to apple by ship now.

3. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Well if they were truly on ships for sale now then it is quite possible that they could incoporate Z-68. Apple has released product the same week Intel announced availability of it.

4. jakku macrumors newbie

I think, yes it is. They wait for new Z68 chipsets for better perfomance and deliver it faster than others, was like 2011 macbook pro B3 revision chipsets.

5. EightmanVT macrumors member

Obviously some mod doesn't have a good sense of humor :( I thought that little nerd humor segue was awesome - and the terrible drawing yet following through with conviction just sold it!

6. ibis99 macrumors regular

I don't know where you live but it's still April on earth. Looks like it's going to be May 32nd for sure. Around a quarter after 1:37 ampm.

7. cjhorist macrumors member

agreed. that little nerd rage made my day -- and made the wait much more manageable! :(

8. eoren1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wrote 'early' April - which is what many threads put down as most likely release dates especially with the Final Cut Pro reveal. When that came and went, the next logical step was the new chipset causing the delay....

9. shtoat macrumors member

I know! I got to be a mermaid and everything! Really great drawing. Kudos to the artist.

10. EightmanVT macrumors member

It really did make me laugh - you'd think the mod would at least say why he/she found that so objectionable, especially in light of some of the posts that exist on this forum. Oh well. :rolleyes:

11. cjhorist macrumors member

yea agreed. it's ok though, it wasted some time, and now it's the weekend again... which means it's almost tuesday again...

i was never good at being patient. hahah. :D

12. eoren1 thread starter macrumors 6502

So it's looking more and more like May 3rd....
    Now just hoping for the Z68 chipset with a 20gig SSD to boost the effective hard drive throughput
    See this graph from Tom's - LINK

13. jborko macrumors member