Imac in september

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Wilmario, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Wilmario macrumors newbie

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

3. sainsburys macrumors regular

4. Overg macrumors 6502

yep.. wanted to post it as well..
    looks like we are for :

_ mabook pro, mac minii, and imac in September (silent refresh)
    _ in the same September Ipad mini event + ipod.
    _ Iphone in October

in December : the itv.

What say you ?
    :)

5. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

strange how apple choose to pump out all of their stuff in a 2 months time while the whole year most people just has been waiting in frustration. It's inlogical to me, seems like bad planning.

6. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

They are making up stuff about "inventory adjustments" and blah blah blah, therefore- we're brilliant.

It's like hearing George Soros explain economics, knowing full well he's a feckless intelligence front.

7. Overg macrumors 6502

it is indeed strange.
    but after all they want to aim to the holiday season, and make as much money as they can.
    they want to give people holiday they will never forget, with full arsenal of stuff..
    that is (probably) the logic behind this idiotic move..

8. theSeb, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Considering the delay in 2011 between the MBP refresh and the iMac, these time lines do make sense, unfortunately.

9. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

If the stories about manufacturing difficulties are true, then it's possible that Apple didn't necessarily choose this situation, either. Bad planning perhaps, you could argue that they should have a contingency in place to ship spec bumped iMacs with the old screens instead of the anti-glare ones.

10. IPlayFair macrumors member

I'd say its more about not overtaxing their distribution network. It could also be gamesmanship in that Apple does not want to have all their profits going onto one years books. Apple's financials are done on a fiscal year basis which I believe ended June 30th. Spread the releases across multiple year books. This way the company wont appear to be so rich and it helps with the tax liabilities.

11. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

There will be a price increase in € prices of macs with the new release, so if I was in the shoes of any of our continental European cousins, I would look to splash the cash today and if you don't like what gets released tomorrow, you at least take advantage of last year's exchange rates. If on the other hand anything spectacular gets announced, you can always take your new computer back for a refund and get a new one...

12. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

The article said maybe September, but the supply chains were pointing to later.

13. Rebel Hedgehog macrumors member

It's been Maybe's since March. In truth nobody apart from apple probably no. I really think it coud be next year at this rate.

14. Atisha macrumors member

It could be *any time* from now to 2013. I agree.

Why wait until September? Why put your trust in a company which consistently fails?

Around and around and around she goes, when professionals are able to update their computers, nobody knows!!!

Doesn't work for me, see you later Apple.

15. Overg macrumors 6502

The more I think about it the more I feel that not only its plain stupid from apple side to do it, but also there is no logic in that move.

How the hell it could be that they update the portable line with brand CPU, and leave the pro desktop users in limbo state?

How can a computer company allow themselves to not upgrade the main power horse of the company for the power users, and instead update the toys?

16. Hakone macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting for an iMac myself but I think Apple is doing more for their mobile product lines than the desktop lines. Sad to say, though. =(

17. Malone1878 macrumors member

Basing this off the chart that was posted earlier, what date do you think an iMac would be released during September ? Any previous rumours ?

18. Lynn Belvedere macrumors regular

Apple is not a computer company, they are a phone/tablet company. The financial data released today makes that perfectly clear. They could announce that they have discontinued all mac's tomorrow and not lose a beat.

19. sebi247 macrumors member

"They could announce that they have discontinued all mac's tomorrow and not lose a beat."

we would finally have clarity and no more :apple: bla bla amazing products bla bla pipeline....

20. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I would think that discontinuing all the macs would seriously affect the sales of phones and pads... And I think apple knows that too. It's the totality of products that matter. No wonder phones sells more, they cost a lot less than a Mac. I probably buy 3 phones for every person in my household between each iMac I buy.

And still even if macs are only a fraction of the sale it's still billions in profit every year... But it jut disappears between the gazillions they earn on phones and pads.

21. Rebel Hedgehog macrumors member

Well if you are to believe that chart it did state "going into production" in September, not released. I do feel if the only notable difference is the screen and USB 3 then is it really worth the continual wait?

22. Malone1878 macrumors member

i7 Processors, possibly better graphic cards and USB 3 (Not that important). I need an iMac before the end of September I just hope I get a surprise :/ If not I'm paying full price for over a year old hardware. :(

23. Dan415 macrumors member

24. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Seems like scattershot to cover every timeframe from August to 'a later release.'