iMac - In the box.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Coolcatfish, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Coolcatfish macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just received my 'new' 27" iMac. I got it through a work scheme and at the same time ordered a number of extras like the remote and magic trackpad. When I took it out of the plain brown shipping box I realised the retail box had been opened to allow them to put my extras inside for shipping... however now that it's all unpacked it seems like someone has helped themselves to my magic mouse.

The reason I'm posting is to get your thoughts... I'm assuming since they opened it, my issue is with the people who sent it to me rather than apple? and also does anyone know if since Lion, Apple still put the restore disks in the box since there aren't any of those either... any help or suggestions are appreciated. I plan to phone the retailer but don't just want to ask for a mouse if the disks are missing also.

Thanks

Rob

2. macdudesir macrumors 6502

Apple no longer includes disks with Lion. Also, Im almost positive that apple doesn't open the box to put extras in. They put the extras in before they close it. Its very odd that the box was open....maybe someone that handled it had sticky fingers? :rolleyes: But it can't hurt to contact apple to see if there is anything they can do for you.

3. Coolcatfish thread starter macrumors newbie