Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for clearing this problem that cropped up recently.

I was away on business last week and disconnected my iMac and stored it in my basement because my office was in the process of being painted.

Upon returning and getting everything connected I have observed that every time my early 2009 iMac boots up, I see a message that the Bluetooth Manager is looking for a keyboard because no keyboard is detected.

After about 15 seconds a 2nd notification pops up that the keyboard has been found and the bluetooth manager can close.

This is annoying to say the least. The keyboard I have is the standard WIRED one that came with the iMac.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Is there some way to clear out the system's knowledge of the keyboard location so that this stops occurring?

Thanks.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Try

Turn off Bluetooth or actually open your Bluetooth setttings and remove that device.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Turn off Bluetooth or actually open your Bluetooth setttings and remove that device.

No devices are listed. I'm guessing that the only reason bluetooth is coming up at boot time is because it is having difficulty detecting the wired keyboard.

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
System Preferences - Bluetooth - Advanced - Make sure "Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup when no bluetooth device is present" is un-checked.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Just for followup, zapping the pram seemed to have cleared this up. Apparently the iMac couldn't tolerate moving all the USB devices around at once, which happened when I returned from my trip and reconnected everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.