iMac install problem....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mauly, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mauly macrumors 6502

Just decided to sell my iMac so started to erase and and install Tiger for my iMac G5... everything was going fine until was asked to install disc 2, disc 2 has a fine split and gets ejected... :mad:

What do I do? I phoned up apple and asked if they have replacement install disc's! but was told no chance, apple have never replaced install discs and the only option was to spend £89 on a retail copy of Leopard. For 5 minutes the guy was trying to sell me a copy with too much blah blah about about how it will only increase the value of my machine...:eek: My iMac will more then likely struggle to even run Leopard... :(

Whats on disc 2? is there a way not to use it!!! or are there essential bits on there...

++ Nevermind, deselected all the options and it bypassed disc 2 ++

Would of thought apple would supply replacement install discs as accidents do happen... :confused::apple:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I know for a fact that Apple can replace restore discs that are shipped with computers, back to 10.3 systems even. Maybe you weren't speaking to the right department or agent? Disc 1 is the operating system and its built-in applications, disc 2 is for iLife, trial versions of Office or iWork.