iMac Intel 11,3 27" continuous boot

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rquino2000, Nov 10, 2015.

1. rquino2000 macrumors newbie

rquino2000

Hello:

I have a situation in where my iMac continuously repeats the startup tone. As if it were in a reboot loop. No video. The loop starts when the 3rd logic board LED lights up. I have tried various resets, reseated RAM, still doing the same.

Previous modification to my system was a new SSD drive, and the machine was running fine for about 2 weeks after the new drive.

Any ideas or if anybody has any experience with this behavior?

Thanks,

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

First thought is that your drive might have failed. Disconnect your internal drive, then try to boot from another system (external drive), or maybe boot to your OS X installer DVD.
    Have you tried your hardware test? Macs newer than yours have a built-in hardware test, or diagnostics. You should have that, too, if you have the OS X restore DVD that shipped with your iMac. Just restart with that DVD in the drive while holding D key.
    If you can't get anywhere with booting, and you can't run the hardware test - try reseating the internal video cable.
    If your #4 LED never comes on when you try to boot, then your Mac is not communicating with the LCD panel. If the cable reseat also doesn't help, then you likely need to replace the LCD panel.