Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Just got it home and now I am puzzled after owning serveral macs now this intel thing is got me puzzled!!! Should it be taking so long to boot up on the first go around? I just plugged it in and the good ol chime was heard now its just sitting here spining. Since this is my first intel mac I have no idea how long to wait or do.... Also if this is ordinary where can I find out what programs are universal or not and will the one's that isnt still work fine for me on this intel? B4 I forget its the 20inch dual 2. Thanks guys and if it boots I will post back asap.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I'll assume you mean a Dual Core iMac. And I'll expect you'll be messaging back soon. It'll take a second or two out of the box, as the registration and all sets up. And then it'll be a little sluggish as Spotlight indexes, after that, boom.

boogieman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
GimmeSlack12 said:
I'll assume you mean a Dual Core iMac. And I'll expect you'll be messaging back soon. It'll take a second or two out of the box, as the registration and all sets up. And then it'll be a little sluggish as Spotlight indexes, after that, boom.

A few seconds is what I thought try a hour and 37 minutes to get to the main screen....... That was just to register it and what not. But now after that first boot it has been smoking. I dont know maybe if someone else runs into this to they will see this and figure something out. If anyone else has experienced this please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.