iMac internal battery?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Patdt13, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Patdt13 macrumors 6502

One of my dad's friends was asking me about the iMacs internal battery, and how long it should last? I never heard of a internal battery in an iMac so I'll ask you guys. He says the computer is about 5 years old. It's one of the 1st generation intel iMacs 20 inch screen. How long should it last?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It varies. If you are going in to replace the hard drive, then replace the battery, too. It's the flat nickel sized one, CR3002, I think. They are not the easiest machines to access. If you find your Mac no longer holds the time between boots or boot settings, then the battery is likely dead.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

this little PRAM battery is cheap cost max a fiver on ebay

4. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

I have almost that same model. My iMac has set unplugged for weeks, once started up though I had no issues with time or anything.

5. defineideal macrumors newbie

Where did you find this wallpaper?? It's pretty awesome!

Hey Patdt13, I know this is super irrelevant, but I noticed you posted this wallpaper image on an August 2010 Desktop thread and I found it yesterday, I was just wondering if you could show me the link to that wallpaper??

Sorry if I seem like a creeper lol, this was just the only way I could contact you..

Thanks!

[​IMG]