iMac Internet Problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by flame3429, Aug 23, 2011.

1. flame3429 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone i have an imac 27inch mid2010 intel model and ever since my imac returned from the apple store after repairing a damaged HDD im getting network and wifi problems. My internet connection keeps dropping and i keep having to reset my airport by turning it on and off, its an extreme pain in the a** but iv also realised there are many people with the problem only with older models. This has left me very confused and im tired of turning airport on & off every few minutes, and im sure its not my ISP as im using virgin media's 50mb connection with superhub and its working perfect on five of my other devices.

If anyone knows a solution or fix for this, or even having the same problem please post a reply and hopefully we can fix this together.

Best wishes.

2. blunti macrumors 6502a

my sister had the same problem with her iMac. (had to turn wifi on and off all the time)

Ever since I ran repair permissions on her comp, the issue was history!

3. flame3429 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

Open disk utility and select your boot drive. From there, click "verify disk permissions" and if it returns any errors click "repair disk permissions." Just as a heads up, both of these operations will make the iMac slow way down, or at least that's what I've seen whenever I've done it. Best to let it do its thing without trying to multitask.