Imac is frozen; started with Mail issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cazbar, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Cazbar macrumors newbie

While using Mail, I got a message that there was an error with Mail and I needed to quit and reboot. When I re-opened mail, it prompted me to set it up and while it was reading the files, it froze. Subsequently, my Imac (OS 10.6.3? Snow Leopard) became frozen, i.e. my whole computer. I shut down using the back button (nothing else worked) and then restarted. I then re-booted using the regular re-start system. I was able to do 2-3 functions (the computer was super slow) and it froze again. After 2-3 repeats of the same procedure, it freezes after being turned off and on using the back button. I updated my software about 3 days ago. There was a major security update in that update. I'm waiting for a professional techy to call me back, but if you have any suggestions on how I should proceed, I'd be most grateful.

2. jasonschlabach macrumors newbie

similar issue

Did you get a response from Apple? I'm having a similar issue. After updating this week and rebooting I tried to open Mail. It only opens the dialog box for setting up Mail for first time use and freezes. The MBP is not frozen, but Mail is. I can't force quit or do anything with it. I had Mail fully set up with two GMail accounts for months before this. No issues at all until today after my reboot. Anyone else have this problem?

MBP 15, OSX 10.6.3 fully updated.