iMac is slower then before

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by conamor, Feb 4, 2017.

1. conamor macrumors 6502

conamor

Hi!

I was wondering if any of you had any tips on this. I am not sure if it's me but it seems that my iMac is slower then before. It's a late 2012, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 32GB ram. It also has a 3TB fusion drive.

Since this Sierra, I kind of feel a latence when opening apps, 3-4 seconds lag. Also, after the logon, I used to be able to launch mail or safari right away, it takes longer now.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

2. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Check your CPU usage in Activity Monitor, see what's using up your resources

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Also get the fee software EtreCheck and see if you have some old plugins, etc. are slowly your Mac up!

4. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

If you cannot find what is taking up all the speed, you can wipe everything and reinstall. Sometimes an update causes issues. My iPhone didn't like an update and every app had a few seconds of freezing that went away after a reinstall.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Well, if nothing else works, you could always "go back" to El Capitan.

El Cap remains a very good OS. No interest in "going further" at the moment...

6. conamor thread starter macrumors 6502

conamor

Thanks everyone. - I will have a look at the software EtreCheck. It would be the first time in 4 years that I would wipe a mac :)
    Thanks again