Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nodabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
PA
Just got my first Mac on Saturday, and boy is it a beautiful machine (24"). However, i did notice that while playing around w/ photo booth and the iSight camera that sometimes the camera seems to go "off-color" and get brightly colored random small lines in the background (the best way i could describe it is that i seem to look blue in the camera and it looks like someone threw brightly colored confetti in the background) and it's not one of the preset effects... has anyone else experienced this?

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
nodabs said:
Just got my first Mac on Saturday, and boy is it a beautiful machine (24"). However, i did notice that while playing around w/ photo booth and the iSight camera that sometimes the camera seems to go "off-color" and get brightly colored random small lines in the background (the best way i could describe it is that i seem to look blue in the camera and it looks like someone threw brightly colored confetti in the background) and it's not one of the preset effects... has anyone else experienced this?

nope, but make sure that the lighting inside the room is not awkward

nodabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
PA
wchong said:
nope, but make sure that the lighting inside the room is not awkward
I guess that could be a problem, the lighting isn't exactly great where i have my computer. But i would just expect the picture to be dark and not with all that noise and distortion.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Mine is that way, and is fixed by opening the window blind for light coming from behind me. It is definitely a lighting problem...no worries :)

Arnaud

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2005
The Moon
The camera will adapt to the amount of light available. If it's dim, it will enhance the settings so that something can be seen, and you'll get weird colours and a lot of noise (your confettis, I suppose). Keep a proper lighting to you if you want to iChat.

nodabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
PA
Arnaud said:
The camera will adapt to the amount of light available. If it's dim, it will enhance the settings so that something can be seen, and you'll get weird colours and a lot of noise (your confettis, I suppose). Keep a proper lighting to you if you want to iChat.
Phew... ok, was getting worried there! Wouldn't want to have to part with my new toy! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.