IMac issue - is it a virus???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nikiandrich, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Nikiandrich macrumors newbie

Hi there. Hope someone can help.

I have an iMac and a couple of nights ago it started displaying the number 1 button continuously (as if I was holding it down all the time)

I thought it was the keyboard so disconnected but the problem continued - bizarre.

Virus scan showed no problems but the after restating I got the White screen.

Resetting the using command, alt, p & r seemed to resolve but within 30 mins it started again.

Is anyone aware what is going on?? Would taking back to factory settings help ???

Thanks in advance - hope someone can help??

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Before you get hammered. You don't have a virus.

Now thats out the way hopefully someone can suggest some productive answers. Unfortunetly i have none. :)

3. ctucci macrumors regular

This may sound silly, but I would power down, unplug that keyboard, and use another to see if it's a keyboard that thinks it has a stuck key.

4. SawceBaws macrumors member

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It sounds like a stuck key. It's definitely NOT a virus. No viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any, since it was released 10 years ago. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install: