iMac just arrived at local FedEx distribution center

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMikeT, Jun 21, 2011.

1. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I've been tracking my iMac and much to my surprise, it arrived at my local FedEx distribution center about 20 minutes ago. It's 4:20PM now and they close at 7:30PM. If I call them, you guys think they'll let me go ahead and pick it up or am I better off just waiting until tomorrow when it's due for delivery?

By the way, the distribution center is about five miles away.

2. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

3 hour away and 5 mile walk. mmmmm...... How fast can you run??? LOL!!!

Give them a call and see if they allow Distribution Center "pick up". If not, you'll have to wait.

3. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm your typical out of shape geek, physical activity is foreign to me.

4. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

Just got off the phone with FedEx HQ and no dice. I HAVE to wait until tomorrow for an initial delivery attempt. Apparently, the distribution center is one of their main hubs for the area and any packages that are processed at this particular center has to A) be assigned to a location (even to the main hub itself) and B) has to have had a delivery attempt made on the package. Weak.

5. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

Darn.... Was hoping they would make an exception for you...

As they say, "some things in life are worth waiting for...".

Happy dreams tonight...

6. mojo50 macrumors newbie

It will all be worth it

Just got my new iMac two weeks ago and believe me when I say it will all be worth it. I had to wait three weeks for mine, and had to take an afternoon off work to take delivery, as they tried to deliver the day before and I was well.... at work, so I know how you feel.

Hope you enjoy your new iMac!

7. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks guys.

Tonight is going to be one long night. The worst part is that my iMac is so close yet it's still out of reach. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

8. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

I just came back home after running a few errands. One of which had me drive by the distribution center, it didn't hit me at first but I then I soon realized that my iMac was inside as I passed by. :(

9. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

10. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

Well my iMac has been on the delivery truck since 7:30 this morning (my time). Still waiting, this sucks.

11. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

It is almost 4:20PM where I am and just about 24 hours since I started this thread and still no iMac. WTH?!? My iMac was sent out for deliver at 7:38AM and I would think that I would have it in my possession no later than 12 noon. How is it that I still don't have it considering that I live less than four miles away from the FedEx distribution center? :mad:

12. iCrizzo macrumors regular

iCrizzo

Hopefully your luck is better than mine.. I always get my packages at the end of the day! :eek::D

13. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

It's looking like today isn't my lucky day and I'll be getting my iMac at the end of the day. Normally, if a package is shipped to me through UPS or DHL I can expect it at the end of the day. However, FedEx usually comes before noon, especially if it's shipped from Apple.

I was really expecting to be playing with my iMac by now. However, it looks like the FedEx delivery person is having more fun with my package than I am. :(

14. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Home deliveries are always after 5pm usually as that's when people are home. So it could be anywhere after that time till 9 or so.

15. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

I found this old post about FedEx Home Delivery.

16. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

Finally it arrives! :D

Only sucks that it had to have arrived this late. It's almost 8:00PM where I am, it just had to be the FedEx driver's last deliver of the day. Weak. Worst of all, I won't be opening it immediately either because I have a couple things to take care of before getting down to business. :mad: