iMac keeps ejecting dvds

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hawaiipoolman, Dec 13, 2008.

1. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

I need help, my iMac early 2008, keeps ejecting windows installation dvds on my machine. When I use Fusion to my virtual Vista, it spins the dvd mouse icon, but then it ejects without ever recognizing it. I have enabled the dvd drive on the virtual machine, i can run a dvd movie in vista... thanks!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

is it just when running fusion?

what type of disc is it? i ask as my mb cant recognize memorex dvd+dl discs and also just spits them out

3. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

it seems to be any install disk, even my counterstrike install discs. But it also ejects them when there is no virtual disk.

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

I had a problem where my leopard install became corrupted and it decided reading playing and burning dvds wasn't really its thing anymore and it would just spit at me. It was remedied with a reinstall, after testing at the genius bar. If you have an external boot disc for diagnostics, or if you can take it in for service, I'd recommend that.

5. voxnj macrumors regular

Just an idea: have you installed Fusion Tools? If not, install the Tools and it may help you with your problem.

6. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, that was the first thing I installed...