iMac keeps losing wifi connection!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bryan839, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Bryan839 macrumors newbie

Really annoying issue guys that I hope someone has a solution for!

Every so often, my internet hangs, and doesn't load anything, the iMac shows its connected to my network, but I have to turn airport off and on again to be able to load anything.

I dont think its a problem with my router, as all I have to do is turn airport off and on.

Its really annoying when Im trying to download and I have to start the download again!

Thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Does it happen when you use other computers connected to the router?

3. Bryan839 thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't seem to happen when using my macbook or ipad, but if the internet hangs when using the imac, the other devices wont load internet pages etc either, but as soon as I turn airport off and on, using the imac, all start working again!

For referance I am using a time capsule to provide my wireless signal (the wifi from the time capsule shows as being weaker than my wireless router that is connected to it, even though the tc is wireless n and my old sky router is standard g)

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I'm not clear: how is your network set up? do you have two wifi routers going?

Where does your iMac get its IP address, the TC? If it's also connecting to the other router you may have a conflict in assigning addresses. Are they both 10.x.x.x, or are they different?