iMac Keyboard awkward to type on

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Winglet, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

I was wondering if anyone else has found the iMac keyboard to be difficult to type on?

I never really thought about it until I borrowed my boyfriends iMac to do a quick web search and was very frustrated by the lack of key response and feel. I am used to typing on a MBP and had to revert to "two finger typing" when using this keyboard. I have also used a Sony Vaio keyboard quite extensively and it, even being smaller than full size, was much easier to use.

Thanks for your thoughts:)

2. ray648 macrumors regular

Its all down to personal preference. I love the new keyboards but I know people who don't. See if you can try one out for a longer period, you should get used to it after a while.

3. Bogie macrumors regular

It took a little getting used to, but right now it's one of my favorite keyboards. My only problem with it is that I'm using it on a PC with a rather cheap Blutooth adapter and it cuts out more frequently than I'd like.

4. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

I love it. It does take time to get used to but its the best keyboard I've ever used.

5. Chris204 macrumors regular

I find the keys are further apart than I'm used to, but I bare with it. I'm still getting used to it.

6. Winglet thread starter macrumors regular

Winglet

Thanks for the feedback.

I am not the only one who feels it is quite awkward, at first, to type on. I felt like I was typing on a "solid keyboard" in that it feels like there is no play in the keys. On the MBP, you know you have typed a letter. Not the case on the iMac.

Maybe I am pressing too hard because I am used to a stiffer keyboard on the MBP.

I will give it some other tries and see if it grows on me. ::eek: