Imac keyboard broken keys

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gemma, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Gemma macrumors newbie

my aluminium imac keyboard has suddenly begun to miss keys, the E,P,D,C and both the back and spacebar keys are completely dead.

I wasn't using it at the time but each key supposedly went one after each other in under thirty minutes, i've checked mouse keys and speech settings as well as removing keys to clean underneath but they weren't sticky to begin with.

sorry for the lack of detail using the onscreen keyboard takes quite a while to type coherantly, thank you to anyone who can offer any help.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you tried with another computer? Is the computer still under warranty?

3. Gemma thread starter macrumors newbie

I Haven't got access to another computer to test the keyboard, yep still under applecare till december, i'm just going to get a replacement hopefully its the keyboard and not the actual computer itself.

4. rxpresto macrumors newbie

(sorry but I don't hav* th* l*ttr that com*s aft*r d)

Two k*ys won't work. Th* on* aft*r d and numb*r aft*r 2. Th*y both just stopp*d working. Is it worth taking th* k*yboard apart, or should I just cut my loss*s and buy a n*w on*?
    If you sugg*st taking it apart, what should I look for or do?

This is for a n*w*r m*tal board that cam* with my imac. It is wir*d. Bought it in April or May.

TIA

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Normally I'd say it's worthwhile, but these aluminium things are so bloody inconvenient I wouldn't bother. However, it should still be covered by warranty, so have Apple take a look at it.

That message of yours looks pretty funny, though. :D