imac keyboard extension

Discussion in 'iMac' started by UbuntuFu, Jan 9, 2008.

1. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

Just got a new iMac. Do they come with a USB extension cord for the keyboard? I remember they did a long time ago.

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

No, but you can buy them at RadioShack or pretty much any computer store.

3. UbuntuFu thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I know their keyboard has a kink it in so that you can't use it on anything but a Mac. this is what i was talking about.

I only ask cause i just sold the keyboard on craigslist that came with the mac since i already use a logitech dinovo edge. the guy emailed me back and told me he needed the extension cord...i was thinking it comes with one.

quote from him "as it stands, it is a proprietary apple connection that connects to another white cord, which then converts it down to usb. It comes with
    the keyboard when you buy the apple computer. im pretty sure you have
    it in your packaging, its just a white cord with usb on one end and
    the other looks like a usb with a kink in it. "

4. Gaz545 macrumors newbie

Gaz545

does he mean mini usb? in which case he can just buy one..

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

White Apple keyboard works on PCs. Just tested it on Sunday for someone else. There is no kink. Standard USB connector.

Looks like the alu keyboard, the retail version comes with usb extension cord.
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...wa/RSLID?mco=7E4EB91E&nplm=MB110LL/A#overview

Perhaps USB extension cord is not included with the keyboard that comes with a Mac because there is no need for it.

6. UbuntuFu thread starter macrumors regular

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Just to be clear

My new ALiMac did not come with an extension usb cord; but I had purchased the new AL keyboard for my original iMac and it came with an extension cord.