iMac Late 2011 wakes up automaticly

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pscl, Jun 3, 2013.

1. pscl macrumors 6502

hi

my imac turns on automatlicly from hibernate. there is no programm running that wakes him up, and i already turned off bt to figure out whats going on.

does anybody have the same problem? its so annoying that all the time i wake up, my imac is already awake :)

even after a clean restart he wakes up at random times.

please help and excuse my bad english ;)

greets

pscl

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Update to 10.8.3 if you haven't done so, lots of bug fixes.

If it still wakes up you might think about changing settings.

This can be done in Terminal, you can use pmset -g to see what the settings are currently and type man pmset for usage, be careful with it though, wrong settings could mess up some things.

You could also search this problem here on MR, use the following site/link to search MR, it is better than MR's own search.

http://mroogle.chaseh.net/

3. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

thank u!

but what "settings" do u mean? settings for the hibernate mode?

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I can't remember it, a read a few threads here on MR about this issue but that is a while ago, again, you can read about pmset when you input "man pmset" without quotes in Terminal.
    And search the link I gave you.

But, it could also be a Wake on lan problem, see if the box is checked, you can disable this by going to System Preferences>Energy Saver, if it was on this could be the problem so no need to do the terminal commands.

See screenshot below, I have it set because I need it.

Attached Files:

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

I'd recommend turning sleep off all together and simply putting the display to sleep. You can do this in System Preferences - Energy Saver.

6. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

7. kelub macrumors regular

I have a 2011 iMac and it did the same thing when I was using a bluetooth keyboard. The problem was that I'd put it to sleep, but when the keyboard disconnected, it woke up the computer to report that the keyboard was disconnected. My workaround was to turn off the keyboard, THEN use the mouse to put the system into sleep mode.

Ultimately I ended up going with all wired devices (between replacing batteries and the lag time to get the system to respond got tedious) and I don't have the problem anymore.

8. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

yes... i too think that bt is the problem.

but the problem doesnt come all time... some times when i leave in the morning and return in the evening the machine is already awake... but sometimes it is still asleep until i wake it up with my bt keyboard or wired mouse.

strange... and annoying

p.s. excuse my bad english... ;)