iMac Late 2012 Speaker and recovery issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mpro62, Apr 22, 2013.

1. mpro62 macrumors newbie

I just got a brand new iMac Late 2012 with 3.4, 675MX and 1TB Fusion drive. I'm noticing that the sound coming from the center speaker seems to be coming between the center and the right. Have you guys noticed it?. I was sitting in the center and noticed this issue. The balance control on the sound preferences is sitting exactly at the center and I have to move the slider slightly towards the left to make the center sound come from the center.

Is this a cause of concern?. I was just wondering I didn't see this issue on a typical stereo boombox.

Also, when I pressed Command + R I'm not seeing the internal recovery partition pop up but when I pressed Command + Option + R, it is taking directly to the Internet Recovery partition and to test it, I connected to my Wifi and let it refresh my ML 10.8.3 install but after a few hours it rebooted back to ML. Do I have to completely erase the drive using Disc Utility before I continue with the Internet recovery?. Btw, I ran diskutil -list and was able to see the hidden recovery partition and wondering why it is not showing up.

Any ideas?

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Your iMac only has stereo speakers, there is no center speaker! Did you mean you have external speakers connected and if so how many? Look at the Tech Specs on Apple's website and you will see what I mean.