iMac late 2012 UPS

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lollorenzo, Mar 4, 2013.

1. lollorenzo macrumors member

lollorenzo

Can someone suggest me a UPS for the late 2012 iMac? Thanks

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

Plenty of threads on this already. Use the search box and type "UPS."

3. WilliamDu macrumors regular

Suggested UPS

I've been using APC equipment for over twenty years with success and no problems.

The cost is competitive and they have a very good program for replacing the batteries after a couple of years when the old one dies of old age.

They provide a very reasonably priced new battery with simple instructions for swapping out the old one and a return shipping UPS label for sending the old one back in the same box the new one came in.

They also provide a trade up program in case you accumulate more gear and need a higher rated unit eventually with an allowance for your old unit.

They provide various load ratings to be selected by the total electric load you wish to protect.

Personally, I add up the rated load for the particular computer involved, and add on some more to power my WiFi router, external discs, and a couple of handy items like a clock and my printer.

Their equipment has enough protected sockets for all that, plus several not powered by the battery.

They also provide software to install on your Mac which will alert you of outages and shut down your computer properly automatically in case of an outage if desired to do so.

I'm currently using their Back-UPS RS 1300 model which is plenty for my 2012 27" iMac, two LaCie external drives, the WiFi router and a few other trinkets.

Enjoy.

4. lollorenzo, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

lollorenzo thread starter macrumors member

lollorenzo

5. AndiS. macrumors regular

6. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I also have just purchased a CyberPower one and it works perfectly.