iMac late 2013 boot time...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dilgit, Oct 17, 2013.

1. dilgit macrumors regular

I'm a bit disappointed with boot time on my new iMac 27", top of the line i7, 3.5GHz, 16GB ram, 4GB video and 512GB SSD. Ready to use after 16 seconds. It was the same on my former late 2012 i5 3TB Fusion. Am I doing something wrong?

What is your boot time?

2. fig macrumors 6502a

fig

Not sure what you were expecting? You've got a machine with a slightly faster CPU and basically the same drive as you'll be booting off the SSD portion of the Fusion drive.

Boot time is largely dependent on the drive, what you got is pretty much what I'd expect on any fairly recent Mac.

3. NeoCracer macrumors member

Why care about booting time?
    It's the performance with applications that matter.

4. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

After using Windows PC's for 20 years I'm delighted at the speed with which my iMac boots up...slightly less than yours (i5, 24GB RAM, 1TB fusion drive). To be honest, if it booted up 5 seconds faster I wouldn't know what to do with the time I'd "saved" :).

5. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

16 seconds? We really need to find something else a bit more legitimate to find faults with :p

Really though, that's pretty darn fast.

6. Serban Suspended

with the new 1 T fusion drive i get 12.2 sec boot time

7. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I''m sure my iMac boots in double the time than yours with a standard 7200RPM HDD and it seems fine to me.

I know once I go SSD, it'll be much different, but 16 seconds would seem more than fine for me.